Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sharing Resources


     This weeks Zero to Three newsletter contained the link to a great podcast, the organization I have chosen for this course.  Zero to three provides developmental information to parents and professionals for ages “Zero to Three”.    What I really enjoy about the site is they offer newsletters that target Training, Early Head Start and Military Family Projects to help the early childhood professional, policy makers and parents improve the lives of children. 
     This week I listened to a podcast about infant toddler sleeping.   Sleeping habits can be very cultural.  In some cultures co-sleeping is the norm and in others children have cribs and separate sleeping arrangements right from the start.  Comfort items, bottles, music, night-lights every family has a different method and some of them are cultural.
     I have not received any contact from my international resources.  I have not given up and my latest search yielded Shastity Driscoll a Principle of an elementary school in Japan.  Come on Shastity!!

Please take a moment to check out the podcast at:
http://www.zerotothree.org/about-us/funded-projects/parenting-resources/podcast/night-nightor-not-talking.html


1 comment:

  1. Jacqueline, Thanks for the smile! I love your perseverance in making the international connection. I am cheering for you. I also could not agree more about the family culture characteristic of sleep habits. I hope they encourage families to have special bedtime routines and also to get enough sleep. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete