Saturday, September 8, 2012

Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources

Part I

I have sent emails to two early childhood professional.  The first was Dominique Hudicourt in Haiti.  She is the point of contact for Tipa Tipa / Step by Step Haiti.  Tipa Tipa services children 0-12 and their families.  The program offers an individualized child-centered approach to learning for children from disadvantaged environments.  I am interested in how they are caring for young children and their families as they continue to recover from the earthquake devastation.  I also contacted Aura Rodrigues de Montes of Clinicas Viera Piso 4 in Honduras.   I have not as of yet heard back from either of my initial contacts.  However, I anxiously await their response.

Part II

I would like to learn more about Zero To Three.  I had an opportunity to attend training with Zero To Three in 2010, "Coming Together Around Military Families."  As I revisited the current website I see many things that would help support our military families.  The site is filled with article and information such as one section dedicated to supporting young children through challenging times. I look forward to exploring  Zero To Three.   








2 comments:

  1. Hello Jacquelyn,

    I hope both of your contacts work out well. I had to think out of the box for this assignment, but I think I got there.

    I did some work with the Zero to Three website/organization in past classes, and I think you will be delighted by the things that you fine.

    Since we have not previously been classmates, I glanced at your previous blog posts in an attempt to get to know you better. I loved your post on connections to play...bath towels, sheets and blankets were also some of my favorite childhood play-things. I always squealed with delight when my mom would give me permission to build a fort. She only allowed it once in a while because it can create such big messes. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you through cyberspace and learning from what you bring to the table :)

    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquelyn, I will be curious to learn if the program in Haiti for children living in disadvantaged environments builds on the community's and country's strengths or are the replicating a model from another country?

    ReplyDelete