Saturday, June 23, 2012

When I Think of Child Development

"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them"
                                               Lady Bird Johnson

"Children are our most valuable resource"
                                             Herbert Hoover

"There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats it's children."                                             Nelson Mandela

"Children don't vote but adults who do must stand up and vote for them."
                                                            Marian Wright Edelman

"Children's talent to endure stems from their ignorance of alternatives."
                                                             Maya Angelou

"If we don't stand for children we don't stand for much."
                                                            Marian Wright Edelman

                                         "It takes a village to raise a child."
                                                                          African Proverb


As I read through the many quotes about children I focused on those that spoke to me. What I heard was advocate for children, children are our future, and we can not raise them alone "I takes a village."  As I have read your Blogs and discussion questions I am encouraged to know that so many people are out there advocating for OUR future.  Thank you all for your comments and questions they have helped me on my journey.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful quotes! Thank you for all the wonderful information that you have posted on your blog! Good luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete