Three ideals contained in the NAEYC and DEC code of ethics
The ideals that are meaningful to me speak of the need for continued professional development and our commitment to respect diversity and abilities of both the families we care for and the professionals we work with daily. As a curriculum trainer it is important to emphasize these ideals to staff members and parents alike so that everyone involved in children's lives know and understand the important work we do each day.
NAEYC
I-1.1 To be familiar with the knowledge base of early childhood care and education and to stay informed through continuing education and training.
I-2.2 To develop relationships of mutual trust and create partnerships with the families we serve.
I-3A.1 To establish and maintain relationships of respect, trust, confidentiality, collaboration, and cooperation with co-workers.
DEC
Professional and Interpersonal Behavior
I-2 We shall demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity, truthfulness, and honesty in all our professional activities in order to inspire the trust and confidence of the children and families and of these with whom we work.
Professional Development and Preparation
II-1 We shall engage in ongoing and systematic reflective inquiring and self-assessment for the purpose of continuous improvement of professional performance and service to young children with disability and their families.
Responsive Family Centered Practice
III-1 We shall demonstrate our respect and appreciation for all fmilies' beliefs, values, customs, languages, and culture relative to their nurturance and support of their children toward achieving meaningful and relevant priorities and outcomes families desire for themselves and their children.
Being a curriculum trainer, at a time when there is so much state and national attention on evidence-based practices must be very challenging. I am anticipating that a master's degree in early childhood studies is going to provide intensive and systematic method through information and research that I have been exposed to in a haphazard way through continuing education. Are you using any curriculum structure, such as Creative Curriculum or HIgh Scope or Tools of the Mind?
ReplyDeleteWe use Teaching Strategies Gold, the latest version of Creative Curriculum. I like of course that it uses evidence-based and is teacher friendly. We are military and have several requirements to meet. The staff here is required to have four hours of training per month in a gambit of areas. And yes it can be very challenging.
ReplyDelete